Sunday, June 10, 2012
Marching Band
Most people think I am stricktly a drumset guy but really thats only half of it, the other side of my drumming is a huge reason why I want to go pro in percussion/music. This past week I have been through a camp that has drilled fundamentals on our music and marching. It has been the HARDEST camp I have been through and you wouldent think so but it really tests your physical abibity, one day I counted over 150 push-ups that I did for the camp. Our drill has been pretty intense over the past week especially on marching and the music we have gone over is pretty hard. As section leader and center snare over the drumline I have to teach four different parts to six different people (more than half of our drumline are rookies). here is part of a song we are playing (it is the secont half of Summon The heroes) our show is three peices: Olympic Fanfare and Theme, The Olympic Spirit, and Summon The heroes, (it is an olympic show it you havent realized it). anyway here you go:
This is written in double time and we have alot of thirty-second notes. To make it easier to figure out stickings (the order your sticks hit the drum) I added doubles (two hits for one stroke) where the thirty-second notes are, and it comes out like this. I know my sticks dont look even but its because I have accents on the downbeats in-between the thirty-second notes. anyway its not perfect but for the first week its pretty good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! I'm impressed! And about 150 pushups too! I didn't know that would be part of a music camp.
yeah if we mess up it is 10 pushups, and then for workouts we do more.
Post a Comment