Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Drum Set- Set Up

I have been asked by people how I set up my drum set comfortably with all my drums and cymbals. I said I would post about it on my blog (this blog is turning into an online lessons deal).
first of all my set up is unique and comfortable to me, but, it is not the only way to set it up, these are only suggestions on how you might comfortably set up your own set.
My set consists of four drums: two toms a snare and bass drum, and seven cymbals: China crash, hi-hat, two crash cymbals two splashes and a ride. Here is how I set them up comfortably:


 this picture shows my tom heights compared to my ride cymbal, my first tom is a little bit higher than my ride and my floor tom is a couple inches lower.



 this picture shows my hi-hat is about four inches higher than my ride.



 My floor tom is level with my snare. (I forgot to mention that the first thing you do when you get a drumset is put your stool at a comfortable level, then set your snare at a good place for you to hit, your floor tom(s) should be level with your snare and everything else will fall into place).



 my crash cymbals are level with eachother with a good comfortable reach from my seat.



 my splashes are also level.



 my china crash just sits above my hi-hat where I can reach it.





Here is the over-view of my set and it shows everything I talked about.
That is the lesson on how I set up my set, any questions just comment or you can e-mail me, if you are my student you should have it.

No comments: